Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The following unedited tips came from the students at the FRES Kenpo Karate Club and Morning Star Martial Arts. Thanks, guys!

Lucia
1. Turned off lights.
2. Turned off water.
3. Recycled.
4. Composted food (scraps).
5. Closed doors.
6. Eats organic food.
7. Used companies that use windpower.
8. Used both sides of paper.
9. Didn’t litter.
In addition she suggests:
Only drive when you have to, don’t kill animals, buy alternate powered cars and don’t cut down trees.

April
1. Turns off lights when everyone else leaves them on.
2. Waits until there are enough dishes in the sink before washing to save water.
3. Turns off the fan in the bathroom after taking a shower.
4. Makes sure the shower doesn’t drip to save water.
5. Closes the windows and pulls the shades down at night to keep the heat in and avoid raising the thermostat.
6. Keeps the thermostat at a lower temperature and wears extra
layers.
7. Turned off the computer and tv and read a book(saving energy).
8. Separated all the soda cans out of the trash so they could be
recycled.
9. Bought a binder specifically because it was made out of recycled material.

Alice
1. Turned off TV.
2. Turned off lights.
3. Turned off water when brushing teeth.
4. Reused paper.
5.Recycled paper.
6. Walked the dog.
7. Fed her pets.
8. Fed the birds.

Giavanna says:
1. I use both sides of the paper.
2, Flush toilets.
3. Turn off water from the sink.
4. Don’t take more food than you need.
5. Use plastic(reusable) cups.
6. Don’t litter.
7. Don’t waste materials.
8. Turn off lights.
9. Don’t use cars if you don’t have to.
10. Recycle anything you can.

Tommy
1. Carpooled to CCD.
2. Took short showers.
3.Turned off lights
4. Doesn’t litter.
5. Recycled.
6. Walked to his friend’s house.
7. Takes bus to school.
8. Doesn’t leave refrigerator open.
9. Turns off computer when done.
10. Turns off TV.
In addition he suggests:
Run the dishwasher only when full, run washing machine when full, turn off the car in long pick-up lines at school, use energy efficient appliances and use dish cloths instead of paper towels.

Hannah
1. Used back of papers.
2. Turned off lights.
3.Turned off the water when brushing teeth.
4. Fed the birds.
5. Grows veggies and flowers.
6. Doesn’t cut down trees.
7. Recycles.

Kim
1. I turned off the lights when I exited the room.
2. I picked up trash on the sidewalk.
3. I reused a grocery bag.
4. I stayed at school instead of going home and coming back.
5. I recycled paper.
6. I rewore a sweatshirt instead of washing it again.
7. I shut off the heater instead of leaving it on all night.
8. I drove in a hybrid instead of a gas powered car.
9. I donated clothes instead of throwing them away.
10. I walked outside instead of using the treadmill.
11. I took a shower instead of a bath to save water.
12. I shut the water off instead of leaving it on while I brushed
my teeth.
13. I played with my dog instead of watching television.

Jenna
1. Turned off water when brushing teeth.
2. Changed a light bulb to an energy saving one.
3. Reused paper.
4. Put up a bird feeder.

No comments: